- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 425 mL (1 ¾ cup) 2%, 1% or skim milk
- 375 mL (1 ½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 125 mL (½ cup) bran flake cereal
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) white sugar
- 2 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 2 mL (½ tsp) baking powder
- 2 mL (½ tsp) cinnamon
- Spray griddle with non-stick cooking spray and heat to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, mix together bran flake cereal and milk. Let stand until bran flakes are soft (approximately 2-3 minutes).
- Add egg and mix.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix dry and wet ingredients together.
- Using a ladle, add batter to hot griddle in small circles.
- Cook until undersides are lightly browned, then flip and cook other side.
- Optional: top pancakes with Apple cinnamon pancake topping (see Apple cinnamon pancake topping recipe).
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 10 servings