- 1, six-inch whole wheat tortilla
- 1 egg
- 60 mL (¼ cup) low fat, cheddar cheese
- 2 mL (½ tsp) soft margarine
- Heat non-stick pan or add soft margarine to griddle over medium heat.
- Beat egg with a fork or whisk in a bowl.
- While pan is heating, grate cheese.
- Add egg to heated griddle or non-stick pan. Stir egg in pan until cooked, approximately 2-3 minutes. Check the internal cooking temperature of the egg. Eggs are cooked when the internal temperature reaches 74° C (165° F).
- Remove egg from griddle and place in the middle of whole wheat tortilla. Add grated cheese and fold tortilla over egg and cheese.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5-10 minutes
Makes: 1 serving