Every child deserves a bright future. Research tells us that when properly fed a child can thrive, achieving greater developmental, social, and academic success.
Present a student with healthy choices and they go on to achieve. No one should walk into a classroom hungry. We believe that every child deserves equal opportunity and must begin their day nourished – a foundation for success.
Ensuring this kind of equity takes large-scale coordination and leadership. Through province-wide student nutrition programs, Student Nutrition Ontario supports a dedicated community that enables students to eat, learn, and succeed. Volunteers are the program’s lifeblood – they show up day-in and day-out, making a lasting impact on the futures of children. Lead Agencies, community partners, and program coordinators ensure that nutritious foods are enjoyed by everyone, each day. Finally, donors and contributors give the support needed for the many thousands of meals to be served each day in every part of Ontario.
Student Nutrition Ontario connects all participants through one voice. We bring experience and knowledge to support those delivering the student nutrition programs. Being the only organization that links every student nutrition program across the province, we have the power to influence decisions and policy. We leverage national and provincial partnerships to maximize our collective impact. We share best practices and find solutions to have an even broader reach.
At Student Nutrition Ontario, we…
- Provide a unified voice to speak on behalf of the student nutrition programs across the province.
- Coordinate opportunities and collaborate to leverage large-scale partnerships that enhance the overall delivery of the student nutrition programs.
- Share knowledge, best practices, and learning that support innovative program delivery, foster community connections, and drive student health, wellbeing and success.
- Streamline the distribution of funding and resources to all partners delivering student nutrition programs on behalf of our national and provincial partnerships.
- Support Lead Agencies in building community across their networks that include establishing local partnerships, coordinating services, and attracting donors and volunteers