- 14, 900 mL boxes of low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2, 750 g bags (6 cups) of mixed frozen vegetables
- 2 cans (19 oz/540 mL size) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (19 oz/540 mL size) low sodium, diced tomatoes
- 2 boxes (approximately 375g each) of whole grain macaroni
- Turn stove to medium-high heat. Put broth, vegetables, beans and diced tomatoes in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and let soup simmer for ten minutes. Add macaroni.
- Cook soup until macaroni is cooked, approximately 15 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Makes: 80, 3/4 cup portions