Gluten-Free Blueberry Oat Pancakes with Lemon Maple Syrup
Whip up a batch of gluten-free blueberry oat pancakes – with lemon maple syrup – and you can skip the side of guilt. Naturally sweet, with low sodium and no added sugar, this delicious take on a breakfast favorite fills and fuels the whole family for a busy day ahead. Best of all, these gluten-free blueberry oat pancakes are quick and easy to make. Mix, cook, enjoy!
- 1 banana (1/2 cup), mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- Combine banana, eggs and oats and let stand 10 minutes to thicken.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Spoon mixture, 2 tablespoons at a time, onto skillet and top with some of the blueberries.
- Cook until browned, 1-2 minutes. Turn and cook additional 1 minute or until cooked through.
- Combine maple syrup and lemon zest and serve with pancakes, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 4 servings; 8 small (about 3-inch diameter) pancakes total
3 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 5 g protein; 14 g carbohydrates; 2 g fiber; 5 g sugar; 35 mg sodium